A recent survey by HSF lawyers reported that many directors lack knowledge on workplace safety law and culture. Below are the survey highlights:
- Only 60% of directors have a strong understanding of their legal workplace safety obligations.
- 45% of directors do not receive a briefing on their WHS responsibilities.
- 46% of boards do not have WHS auditing or assurance processes.
- Half of all boards rely solely on work injury data to confirm WHS OK.
- 70% of boards do not receive regular information on the safety culture of their organisation.