Electrical Safety Recall
An electrical safety recall has been issued by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) for a selection of HPM white extension leads. The extension leads were sold nationally between 1 March and 14 June 2012 in the following retail outlets: Mitre-10, Officeworks, Dick Smith Electronics and Big W.
Executive Director NT WorkSafe Laurene Hull said the wires in the leads had been accidently transposed during manufacture, meaning the pins on the plug may not be wired to the correct aperture on the socket, leading to a risk of an electric shock. Consumers who have purchased the extension leads should immediately unplug the item and discontinue using them.
Consumers are also advised to contact the HPM Legrand Australia call centre on 1300 369 777 (selecting option 1) between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Consumers are further requested to have the potentially affected product with them when they make the call.