Amendments to the South Australian mirror WHS Bill have allowed it to gain sufficient support to pass through parliament.
- Control of risks by duty holders must be minimised “to the extent to which they have the capacity to control the risk”.
- Union entry permit holders will be required to contact SafeWork SA before entering worksites, abide by any instructions of SafeWork inspectors, and report all findings to SafeWork.
- The privilege against self-incrimination will be reinstated.
- High risk construction work falls from heights will be defined as involving the risk of falling more than three metres.
- Ministers will be required to consult the Small Business Commissioner before adopting model Codes of Practice which will relate to small businesses.
- SWMS may have addendums added for minor work-method changes.
- Volunteer officers of strata corporations will be included in duty exemptions for volunteers.