Each year we conduct a survey to collate key safety performance data, so that participants can easily determine how they compare with general industry and similar organisations.
Last year, submittants from a wide variety of industries, representing about 80,000 employees, participated in the survey. They included; private and government, manufacturing, health, water and electrical utilities, logistics, consulting, agricultural and not-for-profit organisations.
All information is kept strictly confidential and no individual organisation is identified in the report. Every competent organisation will already have the key data at their finger-tips, which includes:
- Number of LTIs
- Number of MTIs
- Number of days lost
- Number of claims
- Workers compensation premium
- Total number of safety & Worker’s Compensation personnel
Plus, many organisations have positive performance indicators for:
- Percentage of inspections completed on time (if data available)
- Percentage hazards fixed in less 60 days (if data available)
- Percentage positive responses to safety climate survey (if data available)
- This data will be collated by us to create benchmarks for you to compare and utilise.
The survey will be conducted in July for the most recent 12 month period, so start collecting your data now for last calendar year (2012) or for the last financial year (2012/13).
The survey form is simple and only requires a couple of minutes to complete, so there is no excuse for not participating.
This year we want every reader of this newsletter to assist us in expanding the survey, to achieve even more accurate benchmarks in as many industry sectors as possible.