Is keeping up-to-date with all safety legislation and other workplace changes important for your organisation?
Some of readers maintain safety certification, which requires among other things that they have a system for keeping informed of and manage legislative changes.
Our current Legislative Update is now available for Q1 of 2015, and includes many innovative features:
- Australia-wide coverage, plus New Zealand updates
- Itemisation of changes to workplace safety Act and Regulations
- Safety Alerts and publications by safety authorities
- Plain English explanations of changes & links to authoritative sources of information
- Additional commentary and explanation of selected topics
- Changes to approved codes and standards & key safety recalls
Some of the selected updates this quarter include:
- Federal tenders no longer require safety certification to AS 4801.
- Tas WHS Regulation amendments took effect on 24 December 2014.
- SA has issued a Return to Work Bill 2014, and amended the WHS Regulations.
- Most model WHS Codes of Practice have been replaced with guidance material.
- Machinery safety standard AS 4024 has been amended.
- Qld has issued a safety alert on vehicle stabilisers and outriggers.
- NT has prepared a safety alert on portable ramps for vehicles.
- Comment on WA WHS Bill 2014 closed on 30 January 2015.
- ACT has issued a handbook on Work Related Violence, and outlined amendments to the WHS Regulations.
To keep up-to-date, subscribe to our quarterly legislative reporting service, or get it free as part of our Safety Helpline retainer service.
Call us on T: 03 9690 6311 for a FREE trial copy of the latest legislative update, or a quote for a safety helpline service or regular updates.