From 1st January 2015 the following transitional arrangements under model WHS laws will end:
- Audiometric testing to be provided to those required to wear hearing protection.
- Designers and manufacturers to produce with lowest noise emission and reduce or eliminate need for hazardous work, or confined space work.
- Also to supply information regarding noise emissions and features that reduce hazardous work with items of plant.
- Various parts of diving work now commence.
- All duties regarding plant and structures commence e.g. roll over on tractors and earth moving machinery.
- Asbestos register and management plan must now be in place.
- Reach stacker high risk work licence now required.
- Plant licence renewals.
- Recognition of asbestos removal licences in other jurisdictions.
- Mine operator must give regulator quarterly WHS report.