Electrical Plumbing Risks

Articles

Electrical Plumbing Risks

01/10/2018

Last month we reported on the potential electrical risks associated with cutting water pipes without appropriate precautions.

One of our readers, and good friend Kym from South Australia, has written to remind us of a serious example of this risk that occurred in WA only a few months ago.

 An 11-year old girl, Denishar Woods, received an electric shock when she touched a garden tap at her home in the Perth suburb of Beldon in March of this year.

Denishar suffered severe brain damage and loss of sight. A tragic incident.

The home is a WA government public housing property, and clearly they are now looking more closely at these type of risks and control measures to prevent this happening again.

For information on this tragic accident click here for the ABC News coverage.

Have a question? Call us:

+61 (03) 8544 4300

Safety Action is the preferred provider of workplace safety and business risk solutions for progressive companies throughout Australasia.

Send us an enquiry now »